[LMB] Vorkosigan Tarot

Jean Lamb tlambs1138 at charter.net
Sat Jan 29 03:42:27 GMT 2011

Here are my suggestions....

> So, over on LJ, I made a comment to Elizabeth Holden about how nifty it
> would be to have a Vorkosigan tarot.  She sort of ran with it, then I ran
> even further, and this is what we've got so far.  Any further suggestions?
>
> Megaera
> utter amateur with tarot

 00 - The Fool -- Ivan. He saunters into where angels fear to tread. And
saunters back out again.

01 - The Magician - Miles.

 02 - The High Priestess - Lady Alys. She controls the horizontal, she
controls the vertical of Barrayaran society--and don't dare tell her she has
no votes.

>03 - The Empress -- Cordelia or Laisa (depends on whether you're being
>literal or figurative, at least for the early years of Gregor's reign)
Agreed.

> 04 - The Emperor -- Aral or Gregor (ditto)
Agreed.

> 05 - The Hierophant -- Gregor (Elizabeth said Simon Illyan, but that
> leaves where to put Gregor if Aral is the Emperor)
>
> 06 - The Lovers -- a perverse part of me wants this to be Mark and Kareen,
> or failing that, Miles and Ekaterin.  I suspect Elizabeth would prefer
> Aral and Cordelia

 07 - The Chariot  - The first shuttle off of Marilac.

08 - Strength -- Taura, and Jin.

09 - The Hermit - Baz Jesek, fishing. "Dinner!"

> 10 - Wheel of Fortune -- The Green Silk Room
>
> 11 - Justice -- Simon Illyan

12 - The Hanged Man -- Guppy.

13 ? Death -- Bothari, with a sword.

 14 ? Temperance -- Piotr Vorkosigan. "Change, and change again."

 15 - The Devil -- Haroche. "You can give anything for your heart's desire,
except your heart". "Two falls out of three".

 16 - The Tower -- A needle grenade, and a cryochamber (stylized sphinx on
the chamber).

 17 - The Star -- Graf Station.

18 - The Moon - Komarr. Metaphorically, it's a moon to Barrayar's sun.

19 - The Sun - Ekaterin, because she is Miles' sun.

> 20 ? Judgement ? the scene at the end of TWA, with Aral kneeling before
> Vorhalas
>
> 21 - The World ? Barrayar, of course

Jean Lamb
tlambs1138 at charter.net