[LMB] Actor abuse and squishing

Meg Justus mmegaera at nwlink.com
Sun Jan 30 19:56:51 GMT 2011

>I don't see why casting just can't find a little person over 4 feet who's
>got the chops.
> At 4 feet, 9 inches, Miles is technically a little person.  He is as tall
> as you can be
> and still be considered a little person, but there you are.

The problem is, as described, he doesn't have any of the physical
characteristics of a genetic dwarf except the height and a faintly hunched
stance.  No textev whatsoever for a normally-sized torso and
disproportionately short and malformed arms and legs.  Let alone the
dish-shaping of the face.

We've had the pro-Dinklage/anti-Dinklage argument from this basis before.
Can we *please* not go there again?

Megaera