[LMB] : Political Discussion

Tel teldreaming at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 07:00:51 GMT 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Jeff Shultz <jeffshultz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Tel <teldreaming at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm talking political participation by people opposed to the status
>> quo. You know, secessionists, democrats, anti-monarchists... people
>> who would like a government run in a way fundamentally different than
>> the way Gregor chooses to run it. Bloc Quebecois/Scottish National
>> Party types. Or just the folks going "hey, your integration rhetoric
>> is bull until you give us actual representation in your imperial
>> government". You know, dissent. Of the sort that due to recent events
>> would be very considerable on Komarr if not suppressed and that
>> autocratic regimes have never been any good at dealing with.
>>

> As long as they don't get violent, do you really think that Gregor is
> going to condone repression of that sort?
>
> Seriously?

All sorts of people are locked out of participating politically in the
part of Imperial government that matters. Do you think they don't
object to that?

The army's already been sent in once under Aral and Gregor, primarily
because the people wanted something Barrayar refused to let them have.
Which I'm sure is remembered.

-Tel