[LMB] Sergyaran wormholes (was: Re: Political Discussion)

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 31 16:36:08 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 08:31:22AM -0800, Jeff Shultz wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 2:46 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a sneaking suspicion that in a century or so the capital of the
> > empire will be Komarr, with Barrayar as a quaint, traditional and
> > slightly backward corner of the empire. And Sergyar as the new,
> > up and coming hub of trade and innovation.
>
> That's indeed possible - one thing I've noticed is that we always
> discuss the wormhole from Sergyar to Escobar, but the system has at
> least two others - one to Komarr (naturally), and the one, presumably
> to Beta, that Cordelia originally came through.
>
> Who knows what undiscovered 5-space wonders are still out there in
> Sergyaran local space?

I agree that Komarr is likely to be the empire's economic core -- and
at some point, someone is likely to see the value of having their
main decision-making point be six jumps closer to the rest of the
Nexus than Barrayar.

Sort of like the Stuarts coming to London when they inherited
England.

Tony Z
--
Western Buddhism is like Unitarianism without all the harsh dogmas.