[LMB] Where is everybody?

mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 31 16:48:22 GMT 2011

On 1/31/2011 3:44 AM, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
> What a relief!  Happy for you.
>
> Marina
>
> On Jan 31, 2011, at 12:39 AM, mtraber251 wrote:
>> Junior Husband [Chris] got lucky, the company he works for has been doing a lot of computer infrastructure projects in the Middle East lately and I got a bit worried because emails from hm dried up recently, but I just got email from him and they were lucky that he hadn't started the project they had on the schedule for Egypt so he was not actually over there when the fecal matter hit the rotational cooling device. They are also walking softly with respect to other middle eastern projects they are involved with.

Thanks - though the vacation plans have totally gotten screwed up, so we
are trying to rearrange something for later this year, perhaps
August/September. Not sure, because tropical laziness is sort of out, I
hate roasting.  Maybe a bit later, October in Florida isn't too toasty
and we could do Universal for the new Potterverse section, and Key West.

I have been keeping CNN on as background noise. I am seriously flashing
on the various civil wars in the vorkosiverse. I agree with Heinlein
that adventures are best read about rather than lived - I really would
not want to be [most] American tourists stuck there right now.

Although Rob did point out that knowing me, I would probably just pop on
appropriate clothing, veiling and pop out the kitchen entrance, and head
out of town, probably south and then to the Red Sea. I have an odd knack
for blending in to local populations. I just think of it as being very
good with applied kinesthetics and a certain liking for blending in. I
already have salwar kameez sets I wear, all I would be needing is the
outer clothing, which I would have bought when we first arrived. [Local
clothing tends to be worn specifically because of local climate. I have
noted that the proper levantine clothing is quite comfortable in very
hot dry weather.]