[LMB] Sergyar

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 31 21:43:58 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 01:19:08PM -0800, Damien Sullivan wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 04:02:36PM -0500, Gretchen Wright wrote:
>
> > One thing I hadn't considered fully was that the weapons cache/supply
> > base actually *was* in a cave. We know from _Barrayar_ that it's still
> > pretty impossible to detect things through solid rock (well, at least,
> > Vordarian's forces don't have such detection tech).
> >
> > You do sort of wonder, as someone else posted, *why* they put
> > everything in a cave and who they thought they were hiding from ... or
> > maybe after experiences during the Cetagandan occupation, it just
> > comes naturally....
>
> Also protects stuff from the elements without putting up
> temperature-contorlled buildings.

Eh, depends on the cave.  Most caves on Earth have fairly high,
if stable, humidity.  High humidity is not good for stored stuff
(though I suppose plastic shrinkwrap might make a difference.)

I'd bet that the Barrayarans pulled out their old manuals on
how to conceal stuff from orbital observation when establishing
the base on Sergyar.

Tony Z

--
Western Buddhism is like Unitarianism without all the harsh dogmas.