[LMB] AKICOT:L Address Books

James M. BRYANT G4CLF james at jbryant.eu
Sun Jun 5 22:02:12 BST 2011

I have taken my fifteen-year-old address book, which came
with a long discarded fax program, from computer to computer
over the years - but it can't be forced to run under Windows
7, so I'm stonkered.

I need the simplest possible pasting of addresses into letters,
a simple "Mailto" response to clicking on email addresses, and
ideally a "dial it" connection from telephone numbers to my
Vonage VOIP account.

I need to be able to have a dozen or two groups, and to
be able to sort by membership of several groups.

Birthday reminders and room for unlimited notes would be
good, too.

I do not wish to use Outlook because I do not want to use
it for my email, and, AFAIK, it sets itself as the default
email programme every time it is started.

So what do you all suggest?

James