[LMB] a sensibly-decorated house

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 01:13:50 BST 2011

--- On Sun, 6/5/11, Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com> wrote:

> With an entire two-story wall of
> books.  I never thought I'd see such a thing in this
> venue:
>
> http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/pacificnw/2015138128_pacificpnwl05.html

I had a dream once, where I'd won a zillion dollars somehow. I purchased one of the huge old Victorian frat houses in downtown Ann Arbor (where I lived), and disappeared for a year. then, I had a huge house warming party.

Enter the front hall, turn to the left, and open a set of double-doors to a gigantic room, 2 stories, with floor to ceiling books.  This is the kind of library with a brass rail around it, and a balcony and tall ladders on wheels. There are conversation groups of brown leather wing-back chairs, illuminated with green-shaded lights. cue the oohhhs and ahhs from everybody. Then, when there's silence, I say

"And that's only the As."

-becca