[LMB] LIST BIZ: Pizza Calls

Louann Miller louann_m at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 16:04:04 BST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: BJ van Look <vanlook at yahoo.com>

This topic is discussed with the same tones and verbiage that modern US political topics are discussed. A few posters who cast it that way and the responses become connected with similar language--as Miles has taught us, he who sets the rules and definitions of the debate wins it.

This discussion always becomes vitrolic -- because it's standing in for the modern-day political discussions we don't have on this list for Very Good Reasons. Yet it's disingenuously hiding behind the skirts of an "on-topic" label.

(end quote)

Thank you for wording this clearly. I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment, but I hadn't been able to describe it nearly as well.

Louann