[LMB] What does Gregor know about Serg's death?

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 15:55:59 BST 2011

--- On Thu, 6/23/11, Thad Coons <tocoons at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I thought, most tellingly that Aral maintained the cover
> story, in ACC even
> when he knew the similarly explosive deadly secret Miles
> carried from
> Komarr.
>
> "Lucky shot, my left toenail!  You're really smooth,
> Aral, to lie to your
> own
> son in the middle of a speech about honor. That's no
> oversight, not when you
> drop that comment about no more hollow feeling than being
> wrapped in public
> acclaim while your honor lies shattered at your feet. You
> would know about
> that one, wouldn't you?"
> It occurs to me that he would know about conspiracies
> closely held among
> the principals, too, and said nothing. Well, at least no
> one can claim Aral
> leaks.

It's been awhile since I read Shards of Honor, but wasn't it a lucky shot that got the flagship? it was the plot that put the flagship where a lucky shot *could* and probably would get it, though. I've always wondered what would have happened had that "lucky shot" missed - would Aral have blown up the ship somehow? did he rig things so that a "lucky shot" would be luckier than it might otherwise have been? What would they have done had Serg survived?

maybe I need to go back and re-read Shards.

-becca