[LMB] EOA as subversive

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Mon Jun 27 06:37:04 BST 2011

Miles's offspring aren't Miles--they weren't soltoxin-attacked in utero and
aren't physically deformed.  Miles isn't Aral, and Ekaterin isn't Cordelia,
and the Mile-Ekaterin relationship is not the relationship which existed
between Aral and Cordelia.  Ekaterin is a True Vor Vor wife, Cordelia was a
retired Betan Survey captain.  Aral was also a retired military senior
officer, Miles is a medically retired Barrayaran military veteran who
forcibly was retired/cashiered from a relatively low rank of officer.
Miles, however, then got promoted to a position of Imperial Auditor,
exercising extraordinary powers as a highly trusted  direct representative
speaking as a voice for the Emperor and responsible ONLY to the Emperor for
his actions.   Also, Aral and Cordelia aren't Piotr, and aren't plotting
homicide upon any of Miles' offspring...