[LMB] lost quote

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Sun Nov 20 02:38:39 GMT 2011

All right...

     ... in a play, a novel, an essay I read somewhere sometime, I
recall a longish rant about "captain" being the ideal rank for one's
hero, protagonist, or love interest.  The thing went on to list various
other ranks around it, with assorted defects of each.  Shaw?  Oscar
Wilde?  Heyer...?  I seem to recall its being in a feminine voice.

     Does this ring a bell with anyone else?  I can't recall enough of
any one word-string to try to Google it, alas.

     Not to be confused with the other excellent speech about the
intelligent, lazy officer being a commander's ideal.

     Ta, L.