[LMB] OT: Breadbaking

Gerlinde Kettl gerlinde at kettl.de
Mon Nov 21 17:04:18 GMT 2011

Hello,

On Monday 21 November 2011, Nancy L. Barber wrote:

> Reinhart's book calls it stollen (no umlaut, uses
> that form for singular and plural), and he seems
> to be careful with the accents on the French
> terms for breads, at least.  Do we have a
> German-speaking listee who can address the
> various usages of stollen vs. stöllen?

As a native German speaker I can only say that I have never heard the word
"Stöllen". It is always Stollen (no umlauts whatsoever) for singular and
plural. I have to bake some at the weekend so that they are ready for
Christmas (some people claim that they get better if they are stored for some
weeks).

Bye,

Gerlinde

--