[LMB] Does Barrayar have a fall feast?

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 16:32:23 GMT 2011

On 11/25/2011 9:50 AM, Elizabeth Holden wrote:

> --- On Thu, 11/24/11, Pat Mathews<mathews55 at msn.com>  wrote:
>
>> Have you ever heard of an agricultural culture without one?
> Do you think of Barrayar as an agricultural culture?

It pretty much had to be - it could not do major manufacturing and trade
off planet for food. I see that as with any young growing civilization
that it did develop finally to where there was limited manufacturing
coupled with trade to shift food to market and manufactured goods back
to the agricultural producers.

While you may notice that Lois mentions some centers of manufacture
[they do have IIRC a Minister of Industry, and District Ag officers are
mentioned] there does not seem to be much trade going on with off planet
exporting of mass manufactured good by handcrafted goods. I believe that
handcrafted furniture was the item mentioned?