[LMB] slander as a theme in Bujold canon

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Sat Oct 29 06:50:21 BST 2011

Aviation Week postulated that someone in the cockpit likely put entered a
waypoint into the autopilot reversing the lattitude and longitude of the way
point, and the flight path that resulted sent the plane too close to Soviet
sphere airspace.

And the KAL 007's plane type, was a different size, shape, and model than
any alleged spy planes....  sort of like blowing up a cruise ship claiming
it was a destroyer....

The Soviets were trying to cover their asses and save face, and shot the
plane down as it was -leaving- the disputed airspace apparently...

But the thing about no-fly zones is that anything flying through them,
becomes a target, de facto.  There were warnings in the air charts for that
area which basically said "Stay out, if you trespass into this area, there
are active air detection and tracking radar, you will be targeted, and you
likely will be shot at with the intent to fatally blow you out of the air ."
I forget what the exact notations were, but there were three warnings, and
the last one was -dire-...

Meanwhile, getting back on topic, I wonder what direction Lois's work will
go in after she wrestles her current one into quite literal submission....
and I wonder how the title search has gone....   I still think it would be
entertaining for Lois to write something Spicy  of novella or shorter
lengthunder a pseudonym  for the spicy/erotica SF online market....  there;s
a large demand in that area for m/m SF/F apparently, and multiple
publishers....