[LMB] OT: some *good* cat news

Alexandra Haropulos aharo at erols.com
Thu Sep 1 01:04:31 BST 2011

We just adopted a neighbor's cat, as they were moving back to Switzerland.

Misi has been trying to move in here for years. He is 14, has mostly
good habits, and is VERY careful not to confront the other two resident
cats.

I had forgotten about hard it is to acclimate kittens to a diurnal
rhythm until we adopted Amanda at 3 months. Waking up in the middle of
the night to find a cat on your chest, saying "Play, Mommy?" is
significantly harder in your 50's than your 30's.

Alex H
who finds most cats more congenial than most humans