[LMB] Hurricane Irene

Richard Suitor rsuitor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 15:20:49 BST 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com> wrote:
> I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be most relieved if listees who went through Hurricane Irene would please check in.  That is, when you get your electricity and internet back...

Sorry to be tardy, haven't been on - been reading storm postings.  We
had no problems, but the town I just moved from lost a lot of
infrastructure, including many bridges.

YouTube video showing the cresting river going by where I live now (It
flooded near here, but later and folks had time to prepare) as well as
some of the damage throughout VT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeIWLCsSphI  (the multi-colored
upstream building is where I now live).

A cut-off southern VT community that lost its distribution transformer
was told yesterday that it would be months before they got power. :-{
Haven't heard what the interim plans are.

Richard