[LMB] "There's a Bimbo on the Cover of the Book" goes back THAT far?

Claire Nollet cnollet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 18:24:32 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Lois McMaster Bujold
> But sexy women have been (and are still being) used to sell everything
from cars to beer. Why not SF as well?

Ta, L.<

But what about us heterosexual ladies?  Aside from that ridiculous Fabio, WE
rarely get something that will attract US.

I had to sit in Pep Boys the other night while they were putting on my new
tires, and all the magazines in the waiting room featured nothing but round
things.  Tires and boobs.  I was bored out of my tree, and ended up buying a
package of peanut M&Ms.

The only thing on TV was some ridiculous show called "The Bachelor Pad,"
which made me want to shoot myself.  Either that, or thank my lucky stars I
cancelled my cable TV back in 2008.