[LMB] Vomiting bugs killing Tampa Bay palm trees

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Sep 2 06:11:17 BST 2011

On Aug 30, 2011, at 9:11 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
> Given the role that "butter bugs" play in ACC I found the above headline and the linked article of interest:
>
> http://www.theledger.com/article/20110828/NEWS/110829387?tc=cr

I have a vague memory (only kind I have these days!) of there being an insect that passes disease to humans via its vomit, which is gross. Not houseflies, as they merely spit, and probably not ticks (who WILL vomit if irritated while you're trying to get them out). I seem to recall it was a disease that disqualified you from giving blood.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
❦ If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful ❧ William Morris❦