[LMB] Picking a scene

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Sun Sep 4 19:58:26 BST 2011

On Sep 4, 2011, at 12:15 PM, Becca wrote:

> For a tech writing class, I'm writing a guide to creating ebooks, probably just using Calibre, maybe some Sigil (but Sigil is pretty powerful for my audience).
>
> I want to have a couple of pages of text to use as my sample document, so I can show the effect of different embedded fonts and other design decisions on various ereaders.
>
> With Herself's permission, of course, I thought I'd take a couple of pages from one of her books to use as my sample text.
>
> My big question (other than asking ... may I please use 2 or 3 pages worth of text?) is... what text should I use? There are so many favorite passages, I'm just not sure what to choose.
>
> Any advice or suggestions?
>
> -becca

A side note of interest for your class:

I have an e-book by Glenn Cook (a Cook book?), where he capitalized the whole first line of sub-chapters.     Trouble is, in e-book format, lines are of variable length, so I would see the capitalization ending somewhere in the 2nd line, occasionally in the middle of a word.

I still would love to see the last chapter of _The Stars My Destination_ in an e-book format.    You know, where the type goes around and around.