[LMB] Thinking Person's Sport

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sun Sep 4 22:54:42 BST 2011

On Sep 4, 2011, at 10:39 AM, Kevin Kennedy wrote:
> On the news program this morning, they did a bit on hunting in Colorado, featuring the statement "Alligator wrestling is not a thinking man's sport".  Something I may have figured out by junior high.  It did inspire a thought, though.  Should we desperately need something to consider/talk about while waiting for The Next Book,  we could think of candidates for the The Thinking Person's Sport.

Geo-caching. Georging and chess aren't terribly active, or I'd list them. Maybe Live Chess, but not underwater basketweaving.

Marathon reading? Turning off an overly active brain by non-inside-chemical means, so as to sleep? I can do those!

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.

Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900) German philosopher and poet          (Attributed)