[LMB] Judge Dee, was An unexpected Bujold fan?

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 18:43:43 BST 2011

I'm bringing up this extremely old topic because I spotted something online
that I think might relate:

http://celebs.icanhascheezburger.com/2011/09/02/funny-celebrity-pictures-cinema-del-grande-gatto-15/

Note the first movie reviewed...

Another review:
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/02/entertainment/la-et-detective-dee-review-sept2-storyhttp://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/02/entertainment/la-et-detective-dee-review-sept2-story
The above definitely links this to the Van Gulik stories.

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Andrew Barton <
andrew.157barton at btinternet.com> wrote:

> At 01:57 AM 6/7/2010, Lois McMaster Bujold wrote:
> >  There was also one made-for-TV movie of a Judge Dee story, which
> > did not spawn sequels.
>
> And a British series of six adaptations made in 1969 which I remember as
> getting a fair bit of publicity at the time, but again did not get enough
> viewers to lead to any more.  We still have one of the books adapted in turn
> from the TV plays.
>
> Andrew

Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com