[LMB] A military question

Peter Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Mon Sep 5 21:14:43 BST 2011

Logistics ain't Operations, IMHO.  Ops includes getting combat arms to the place where they are needed and using them to kill people and break things.  Logistics means supplying them, of course, as needed.  Spy/counterspy is Special Ops or Covert Ops.

The main reason Hitler didn't think the invasion would be in Normandy was the use of Patton to organize a complete fake attack directly across the channel, at Calais, I believe.  All the staffing for that operation was in place, and sending messages to non-existent troops.  That's one of the reasons that Patton wasn't part of the actual invasion; he stood up US Third Army later, once the invasion was obviously Normandy.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net