[LMB] OT: Any US list member awake and on-line?

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 02:36:04 BST 2011

I wonder if it was part of the general attack yesterday and they're just
waiting for the DNS to fix itself....
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/dns-hack-hits-200-major-websites-vodafone-ups-acer-microsoft-sites-affected/57294
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/sep/05/turkish-hacker-group-diverts-users

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Martin Bonham <martin at bonham.net.nz> wrote:

> In a post I read in Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 76, Issue 10
> Bo Johansson <bo.h.johansson at bredband.net>
> replied to James's ealier question about a US website
>
> > I can't access http://www.frys.com/ from Sweden 05 Sep 17:42 UTC
>
> I note that people with US IP addresses seem able to access it fine.
>
> Personally here in NZ I also can't get the site to display.
> even using IE "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
>
> I googled for an anonymiser, and using the first one on the list,
> the site DOES appear.
>
> http://www.onlineanonymizer.com/
>
> http://www.onlineanonymizer.com//?__proxy_url=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mcnlzLmNvbS8=
>

> Martin.
>
> --
> Martin Bonham, Auckland, (Aotearoa) New Zealand.
> Home of Middle Earth, Whale Rider, and now also King Kong and Narnia.
>

> -----

Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com