[LMB] A military question

Harimad harimad2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 03:29:15 BST 2011

There are even more types of operations than even these.  The term "operations" gets bandied about very widely.  It could be any number of fields: what you call real-time engaging, the logistical operations you also describe, spy ops, special ops (such as SEALs), operational planning (advance planning for what you call real-time engagements), and on and on.

The question at hand isn't what does "ops" mean in the US military, it's what does it mean in the Barrayan military.  Which means figuring out what Lois thinks ops means.  As we've discussed a few thousand times before, what Lois means doesn't always follow what the US military does.  Therefore I continue to maintain that Ivan's ops job could be any of the above.

It'd be an interesting study, pulling together the bits we hear about Ivan's job to learn what it actually is.  It certainly isn't going into the field and shooting things and it certainly isn't the sort of ops that Miles conducts.

- Harimad