[LMB] OT: Thought for the day.

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Tue Sep 6 14:54:32 BST 2011

On Sep 6, 2011, at 7:50 AM, Walter Bushell wrote:

>> At 02:10 PM 9/6/2011, Elizabeth Holden wrote:
>>
>>> What is the difference between a sport and a game?
>>
>> Rankings?
>>

> Sport involves major physical activity games do not. American or world football is a sport, Monopoly or Chess are not.

That's what I would say, but I have heard a sports talk show host say that the game of baseball is good and the sport of baseball is bad (or visa versa, I forget).   I have no idea how he made his distinction.

Some people say that golf isn't a sport, because they aren't athletes, but they can play golf.    But we all can play all sports, if we are willing to accept any level of competency.