[LMB] OT: Any US list member awake and on-line?

Michael R N Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Tue Sep 6 22:10:58 BST 2011

> From: Martin Bonham <martin at bonham.net.nz>
> Date: 06 September 2011 01:43

> Bo Johansson <bo.h.johansson at bredband.net>

> > I can't access http://www.frys.com/ from Sweden 05 Sep 17:42 UTC
>
> I note that people with US IP addresses seem able to access it fine.
>
> Personally here in NZ I also can't get the site to display.
> even using IE "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
>
> I googled for an anonymiser, and using the first one on the list,
> the site DOES appear.
>
> http://www.onlineanonymizer.com/

Just to complete the story, I found

http://watchmouse.com/en/checkit.php

Which tries a site from 8 locations round the world and so is more
precise than
(http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ )

watchmouse reports timeouts from everywhere except the US and Canada.

I note that http://just-ping.com tries from even more locations but is
useless for frys as it is one of the many sites that never return pings.

Michael Dolbear,
Little Egret in Walton-on-Thames