[LMB] Warning: a casting thread question

beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com
Tue Sep 6 23:30:16 BST 2011

"Kevin Kennedy" <kevink45 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've been watching some recent Doctor Who and I ask, does Alex
> Kingston(River Song) qualify as zaftig? If so, let's get her for Laisa.

IMHO, Alex Kingston qualifies as zaftig only if the average runway model
qualifies as a healthy, normal weight.  Penelope Garcia on Criminal Minds
is more what I think of as zaftig.  Also, isn't Laisa short?  Alex is
awesome, but I'd cast her as Cordelia, personally.  If she were prettier
I'd say Elli, but she's too old for pre-new-face Elli and not gorgeous
enough for post-new-face.  She's striking, but not drop-dead, which Elli
is.

Beatrice Otter