[LMB] OT: The thinking man's sport (was: Re: OT: Thought for the day.)

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 01:12:02 BST 2011

In my experience, every sport, when played hard by people who want to win, becomes a mental sport.  It is simply not possible to switch one's brain off *and* win, so if one *wishes* to win, one must use strategies and tactics, which elevates the sport in question to the mental plane.

... However much we *wish* to think that the football bull-- *jock* is brainless...

Raye

raye_j at yahoo.com
http://windtear.livejournal.com
http://www.thejohnsens.com/index.html

I believe in dragons, unicorns, good men
and other mythical creatures.