[LMB] ADMIN: can someone ask Lois to get in touch with me, please?

Michael R N Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Wed Sep 7 16:03:53 BST 2011

> From: Melanie Dymond Harper <mel at herald.co.uk>
> Date: 07 September 2011 13:49
>
> Hi folks,
>
> A slightly unusual request here. Could someone with a means of
> contacting Lois ask her to get in touch with me via some means that
> isn't her usual email address? We forward mail for her via
dendarii.com,
> and she's reported a couple of mails going through there as spam --
> which appears to have blacklisted our mail server's IP address with her

> provider. So she won't see list postings, and she won't get mail if I
> try to contact her directly.

Lois will probably see the above post since, she has noted that she
usually reads the list via the archives and her browser and does
copy/paste for her email replies. Her posts (which use Thunderbird)
confirm this being not "reply to list" but new messages.

I would suggest (and in fact make it a general recommendation) that every
listee acquires a extra email account, say with Gmail if they don't
already have one, to enable them to deal with situations like this
including hacking of their main account.

This works both ways, since the person behind the overstrength Spam
protection should receive and could reply normally to a email sent from
Gmail or the person on the outside could offer a Gmail eaddie as an
alternative if outward mails had problems.

Michael Dolbear,
Little Egret in Walton-on-Thames