[LMB] OT: Couchhopping

quietann quietann at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 03:53:39 BST 2011

Ugh.  I am in the Boston area (andover) but not near public transit.

BTW if you think you could stand one more retail job, and know
anything about cooking, Penzey's spice shop in Arlington is looking
for someone.  Here's the ad text (sorry to other listees for the spam,
but heck, if one's going to work retail, doesn't this sound like a
good job?)

The words “kindness works” are our guide.  And we are seeking to hire
some thoughtful, caring people who not only believe that, but live it,
as well.

We may have a job for you (or a friend!) at our store at 1293
Massachusetts Avenue in Arlington, if you really enjoy helping others
feel good.  This could be a great job for you if you’re a positive
person who genuinely enjoys others, if you have great energy, and have
a love of building relationships.

It’s physically active (stocking shelves, helping with inventory,
etc.) but nothing too difficult.   More importantly, it’s about
helping our customers feel good about who they are, and what they’re
cooking.

The right person for this job will join us in trying to make the world
a better place, one conversation at a time.

Humanity?  Required.

Retail experience?  Not so much.

If this sounds like something you’re looking for, or if you know
someone who might be interested, visit penzeys.com and fill out an
application.  Or contact Megan at 262-785-7697.  And please forward
this email to anyone you know who might be interested in working at a
store and with a company where, truly, “kindness works.”

We can’t wait to meet you.

quietann at gmail.com

aka "The Accidental Jewess"