[LMB] OT, verging on forbidden territory: GOP attitudes about science

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Sep 8 16:30:18 BST 2011

It IS centered around science, but the um, "skeptics" happen to be speaking to what I hope is a small minority of the US voting public. I will not post further on this topic and probably make no comments on any discussion.

Here are two URLs for GOP presidential candidates' attitudes about science, which scares the tar out of me (along with some candidates' desire for a more theocratic state, abolishing certain amendments and eliminating Checks & Balances between the three arms of government)

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/07/140071973/in-their-own-words-gop-candidates-and-science?ps=rs  mostly about climate change denial

and

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/07/140231575/in-gop-presidential-field-science-finds-skeptics?ps=rs, which is more about their creationism beliefs than anything else

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

Galileo Galilei (1564-1642) Italian scientist and mathematician     Letter to the Grand Duchess Christina of Tuscany (1615)