[LMB] OT, verging on forbidden territory: GOP attitudes about science

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Sep 8 17:53:37 BST 2011

On Sep 8, 2011, at 9:36 AM, Bear Master wrote:

> Without attributing any political significance to this, I have seen polls
> that indicate that as many as a third of Americans would agree "the jury's
> stil out" on evolution.

Of course, the jury's still out on gravity as well, at least there are some aspects where we can learn more.

But the vast majority of people who doubt evolution don't doubt the details, their doubt is with the implication that a Creator isn't more necessary for species to change than it is for tides to rise.