[LMB] OT: verging on forbidden territory: GOP attitudes about science

William A Wenrich wawenri at msn.com
Fri Sep 9 06:14:34 BST 2011

This subject is way over into forbidden territory.

I'm personally insulted with the way this subject is usually presented. I am
a registered Republican. I believe that global temperatures rose between
1850 and 1998. I am not certain that this is solely due to the burning of
fossil fuels. I am certain that the proper scientific argument does not
consist of yelling, "Shut up you evil deniers!"

As to evolution, I'm not sure that pure random chance can explain the world
in all its complexity. I am well aware that I can be wrong. This is a
difference between me and some others worship "science." (Scare quotes
intentional.)

Please note that the above does not mention U.S. politics except for my
political affiliation.

William A Wenrich

Christian, husband, father, grandfather, son, American. Here I stand. I can
do no other. God Help me!