[LMB] Warning: a casting thread question

Judy R. Johnson jrj at fidalgo.net
Sat Sep 10 05:20:00 BST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk
[mailto:lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk] On Behalf Of
beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 3:30 PM

"Kevin Kennedy" <kevink45 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've been watching some recent Doctor Who and I ask, does Alex
> Kingston(River Song) qualify as zaftig? If so, let's get her for Laisa.

IMHO, Alex Kingston qualifies as zaftig only if the average runway model
qualifies as a healthy, normal weight.  Penelope Garcia on Criminal Minds is
more what I think of as zaftig.  Also, isn't Laisa short?  Alex is awesome,
but I'd cast her as Cordelia, personally.  If she were prettier I'd say
Elli, but she's too old for pre-new-face Elli and not gorgeous enough for
post-new-face.  She's striking, but not drop-dead, which Elli is.

Beatrice Otter

====================================
NEW from JRJ> Um.  I quite like her in the role of River Song, but she
doesn't seem anywhere nearly the correct age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Kingston

So, Cordelia, maybe.  Actually, she does acerbic quite well.  I'd vote for
her for that role, and be interested in what kind of spin she might bring to
it.

Apologies if this is a repeat of somebody else's comment; I've been working
OT since Tuesday and am catching up on the list this weekend, or else.

--
Entwife Judy
The Skiffy Minded