[LMB] OT: On the Transmigration of Souls

Elizabeth Carabine elizabeth at cheztaft.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 14:04:07 BST 2011

In article <CF309EB565344F259E8EC3200C1DD7AA at CarolLaptop>, Carol Cooper
<carolcooper at shaw.ca> writes
>> > We're performing Adams's 'On the Transmigration of Souls' - a memorial
>> > the 911 victims - the next couple of nights.  I don't know anyone who
>> was
>> > involved that day, but this work has a heck of an emotional impact.

Funnily enough, if you're singing in the Calgary Phil Concert, that's
the same programme that our local orchestra, the RSNO, finished it's
season with in May. The combination of the Adams piece with Beethoven's
9th and the amazing, life affirming, 'Ode to Joy' made a powerful
impact.
Good luck with that.

You might also find this amusing. The orchestra gave an 'unexpected'
performance in Glasgow Airport in August. It's on youtube somewhere but
also embedded in there website.

http://www.rsno.org.uk/index.php

Elizabeth
--