[LMB] OT: On the Transmigration of Souls

Carol Cooper carolcooper at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 10 21:55:28 BST 2011

Elizabeth Carabine wrote
> memorial
> >> was
>
> Funnily enough, if you're singing in the Calgary Phil Concert, that's
> the same programme that our local orchestra, the RSNO, finished it's
> season with in May. The combination of the Adams piece with Beethoven's
> 9th and the amazing, life affirming, 'Ode to Joy' made a powerful
> impact.
> Good luck with that.
>
> You might also find this amusing. The orchestra gave an 'unexpected'
> performance in Glasgow Airport in August. It's on youtube somewhere but
> also embedded in there website.
>
> http://www.rsno.org.uk/index.php

Yes, that's the one - the CPO, and it was indeed an inspired bit of
programming.  Sang the last couple of nights and I now have no voice left -
Beethoven's 9th is _not_ kind on the voice!  We had some good soloists and a
very enthusiastic audience and it was a great way to kick off the season.

Thanks for the link - that was amazing - I enjoyed it as much as the bemused
check-in lines very obviously did!  Maybe we ought to do one of these 'flash
mob' sing-ins.  We do lots of 'outreach' stuff, particularly at Christmas
when we sing at places like the Sally Army and the Food Bank, but a flash
mob would be great fun.

Carol