[LMB] OT: verging on forbidden territory: political attitudes about science

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sun Sep 11 01:54:02 BST 2011

On Sep 10, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Alexandra Haropulos wrote:
> On 9/10/2011 6:15 PM, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
>
> And Turkey has been a relatively modern country until now.
>
> Well, sorta. 15 years ago, a female colleague of my husband, along with a male collegue, were accosted in an Ankara street by someone who was pretty insistent on buying the woman from the male colleague.

Should have said the Turkish *Govt.* was relatively modern until now.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
It is high time that we stopped thinking politically as Republicans and Democrats about elections and started thinking patriotically as Americans about national security based on individual freedom. It is high time that we all stopped being tools and victims of totalitarian techniques — techniques that, if continued here unchecked, will surely end what we have come to cherish as the American Way of Life.

Margaret Chase Smith (1897-1965) American politician (US Senator, Maine)
“Declaration of Conscience,” Congressional Record, vol. 96, 81st Congress, 2d. sess. (1 Jun 1950)