[LMB] OT: verging on forbidden territory: political attitudes about science

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sun Sep 11 02:27:03 BST 2011

On Sep 10, 2011, at 5:54 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2011, at 6:54 PM, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
>

>>> And Turkey has been a relatively modern country until now.
>>>
>>> Well, sorta. 15 years ago, a female colleague of my husband, along with a male collegue, were accosted in an Ankara street by someone who was pretty insistent on buying the woman from the male colleague.
>>

>> Should have said the Turkish *Govt.* was relatively modern until now.
>
> Turkey has tried very hard to be a secular government.   Separation of church and state has been important.   Is that what you mean by "modern"?

Quite. Am I ever blurry today...

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
The perils of ambulatory reading. If you have never said “Excuse me” to a parking meter or bashed your shins on a fireplug, you are probably wasting too much valuable reading time.

Sherri Chasin Calvo (contemp.) American computer scientist                          (Attributed)