[LMB] Bringing it back to LMB [Was:OT: verging on forbidden territory: political]

Mitch Miller mitchmiller at entertainmenttax.com
Sun Sep 11 09:54:58 BST 2011

From: "Carol Cooper" carolcooper at shaw.ca

>Howard Brazee wrote
>>
>> One would think that there would be a higher percentage of Christians than
>> atheists who believe in our duty to be stewards of this gift of a planet.
>>
>Why would one think that?  As an atheist, I believe that our lifetimes on
>Earth are all that there is, and that what we do while we're here is the
>only thing that counts.  I don't believe in any 'guiding hand' that will
>right our screw-ups, or that there's a 'better place' waiting for the
>virtuous.  If we destroy the natural environment then we've wrecked it for
>mankind - and for animal-kind - for ever.  Why on earth would you think an
>atheist cares less for the planet than a Christian?

>Carol

"Ah, yes.  I recall from your file that you are some sort of theist," said the Emperor.
"I am an atheist, myself.  A simple faith, but one which provides me with great comfort
in these last days."
                -- Shards of Honor

Ezar felt free to order mass murder to fulfill his purposes, because he believed (and prayed!)
there was no God to judge him.  If I were an atheist, why on earth would I care about the
environment or anything else but my own aggrandisement and pleasure?

Mitch Miller