[LMB] OT: verging on forbidden territory: political attitudes about science

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sun Sep 11 22:47:40 BST 2011

On Sep 11, 2011, at 7:15 AM, phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 05:54:02PM -0700, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
>> Should have said the Turkish *Govt.* was relatively modern until now.
> Denying the Armenian genocide, treating the Kurds about as badly, if in
> different ways, as Israel treats the Palestinians... then again, one can
> hardly call such behavior non-modern, really.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. Few "modern" countries lack an eyesore in their behaviors.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
CALVIN: Dad, where do babies come from?
DAD: Most people just go to Sears, buy the assembly kit, and read the instructions.
CALVIN: I CAME FROM SEARS?!?!
DAD: No, you were a Blue Light Special at Kmart. Almost as good, and a lot cheaper.
CALVIN: AAUUGHHH!
MOM: Dear, what are you telling him now?!

Bill Watterson (b. 1958) American cartoonist               Calvin & Hobbes