[LMB] Pizza and philosophy and ethics

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Mon Sep 12 01:55:57 BST 2011

On principle, I am often against pizza calls, because, as long as the people pursuing a discussion manage not to become angry about it, it can be interesting, enlightening and informative to discuss things with people whose opinions are very different from one's own.

On the other hand, it's a bad idea to have people on any mailing list feel insulted, annoyed, unwanted or bullied. So rather than allow this, a pizza call is a good idea sometimes.

I came in late here, don't know how the talk is going, and (reading backwards) just saw the pizza call.

namaste,
Elizabeth

who can shut up if and when necessary (I think)