[LMB] Bringing it back to LMB [Was:OT: verging on forbidden territory: political)

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Mon Sep 12 01:59:52 BST 2011

I think what we are seeing here is that atheists don't often speak up in public, and when they do, they are often silenced - as in the recent controversy over atheist advertising on buses.  So people who are insulated by a powerful religious background have both misunderstandings and misconceptions about other belief systems.

I think open discussion of these matters is probably better for society as a whole.

But not if it's aimed at making anyone changed their mind.

namaste,
Elizabeth