[LMB] OT: verging on forbidden territory: political attitudes about science

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Mon Sep 12 02:28:44 BST 2011

--- On Fri, 9/9/11, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> But nobody says, if it does happen, here's how we should
> prepare for it.

Seems to me lots of people are saying exactly this, worldwide.  People from the UN and other international organizations, the Tokyo Accord, the Green Party, the Futurists, the people who study agri-business in governments and in adademia.

I hear people talking about it all the time, and it's been a major theme of all our recent elections.

If doesn't mean we can solve the problems, or that we are doing so, but it seems to me that it's a major concern for most of us.  Nations and individuals alike.

As it should be.

namaste,
Elizabeth