[LMB] Is Miles an Aquarius?

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Mon Sep 12 03:02:27 BST 2011

--- On Fri, 8/26/11, Elin B <elbju at yahoo.se> wrote:

> Wait, why should horoscopes based on
> how the night sky looked on the northern hemisphere on Earth
> 2000 years ago have any bearing on people born many
> centuries into the future on a completely different planet?
>
> Wouldn't new planets call for new astrology?

Maybe.

I'd say it depends on how you interpret what astrology actually is.

I see it as a pattern of arranging information by creating a complex time/space grid - using the template of earth and the heavenly bodies as seen from earth as the blueprint.  Then information can be sorted according to its place in the grid.

This question made me wonder: how is time arranged in Barrayar and on Beta Colony?  Or on ship, or on the other planets?  Days, yes, they talk about them, and years.  Days of the week?  Weekends?  Months?  What do we know about this?

I can't remember much about it at all.

namaste,
Elizabeth