[LMB] Philosophy Re: Bringing it back to LMB

JenL jenl1625 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 03:36:23 BST 2011

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Elizabeth Holden <azurite at rogers.com>wrote:

> Hmm. I just walked in on this one.
>

> Because in my philosophy, the greatest good is to minimize suffering and to
> foster happiness, love of life, and moral enlightenment; and for each of us
> to do what we can to make others happier; and for us to leave the world
> better than we found it if it is at all in our power to do so.
>
> This seems rational to me.

Similarly, my notions of morality and ethics are essentially "leave the
world a better place for your having been a part of it".  Which requires
both a "don't harm others" set of specifics and a "do your best to help
others and improve things" set of specifics.

jen

--
*

If it moves but shouldn't, use duct tape.

If it should move but doesn't, use WD40.
*