[LMB] Effects of "Global Warming"

William A Wenrich wawenri at msn.com
Mon Sep 12 18:01:58 BST 2011

Howard Brazee wrote:

What are they saying we should do after it happens?    Build dikes?   Move
farms to Canada and Siberia?   Prepare for refugees from the tropics?

Assuming for the sake of argument (IMNSHO a large assumption) that almost
all of the warming for the last 160 years is due to the release of
greenhouse gasses. They do not, despite the name, act the same as a
greenhouse. If the average increase in temperature is one degree Celsius,
toward the high end by the latest estimates, most of the change will be at
night and at high latitudes. This would reduce the temperature differences
between the polar and tropic regions. (Remember storms are heat engines that
work off temperature differences not absolute temperature.)

The outside high water level increase is predicted to be less than half a
meter, despite the movies insistence that it will be two orders of magnitude
greater.

Who said that the optimum global temperature was in 1850 and not during the
Roman or Medieval warm periods, both warmer than now? Where is the climate
better, Helsinki or Athens? According to Weather Underground, the current
temperature in Albuquerque, NM varies by four degrees Celsius inside the
city limits. Am I supposed to get worried about the temperature less than
three miles from my house?

The problems I have with "Global Warming" / "Climate Change" is not with
science, it is with the political and economic actions that are hung on the
science.

William A Wenrich

Christian, husband, father, grandfather, son, American. Here I stand. I can
do no other. God Help me!