[LMB] Effects of "Global Warming"

William A Wenrich wawenri at msn.com
Mon Sep 12 21:01:45 BST 2011

Damien wrote:

'A 2009 study by Michael Mann et al. finds that the MWP shows "warmth

that matches or exceeds that of the past decade in some regions, but

which falls well below recent levels globally".'

I assume this was: (from Wikipedia)

Michael E. Mann (born December 28, 1965) is an American physicist and
climatologist, currently director of the Earth System Science Center at
Pennsylvania State University. He is best known as lead author of a number
of articles on paleoclimatology and as one of the originators of a graph of
temperature trends over the last thousand years, called the "hockey stick
graph" because of its shape.

At this time, the "hockey stick graph" is pretty much discredited due to
cherry picking the data sources. It removed Roman warm period, the mediaeval
warm period, and the little ice age. The dramatic increase it showed came
from eliminating most of the sources used for earlier periods.

William A Wenrich

Christian, husband, father, grandfather, son, American. Here I stand. I can
do no other. God Help me!