[LMB] Effects of "Global Warming"

Jonathan Niehof jtniehof at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 23:19:58 BST 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 2:01 PM, William A Wenrich <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:

> At this time, the "hockey stick graph" is pretty much discredited

By whom?
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/08/24/case-closed-climategate-was-manufactured/

> due to cherry picking the data sources. It removed Roman warm period, the mediaeval
> warm period, and the little ice age.

Damien's post, which you quoted, summarized Mann's 2009 study* as
suggesting that the MWP itself was partly an artifact of limited data
coverage.

Mann's work and conduct have been more relentlessly scrutinized and
picked apart than any scientist I can think of since, probably,
Oppenheimer. No wrongdoing has been found. That doesn't mean he's
right, of course, just credible.

*http://www.sciencemag.org/content/326/5957/1256.short although
http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2009/2008GL036354.shtml might also be
of interest. Full access, is, alas, limited to subscription...