[LMB] Child of the Library

Meg Justus mmegaera at nwlink.com
Tue Sep 13 00:32:13 BST 2011

Laura, talking about her child being welcome alone at the library:
> Nope.  Not anymore.  I've found they don't want the kid there unless
> there's a helicopter parent within arms reach at all times.

Given the flasher who exposed himself to a child *while her parent was less
than 20 feet away working on the computer* at the library where I used to
work, there are good reasons for those kinds of regulations.

Your library is less safe than your courthouse, on average.

It's sad, but library staff do as much as they can to keep the premises safe
for everyone, up to and including security guards at some, and this sort of
thing still happens.

And people sue when it does.

Megaera